Have you ever thought that, you are required a transit visa when you to foreign country for just a while? In face, a few number of people need to apply for it. Let’s see this article about Vietnam transit visa for Egyptian travelers.
According to the law, Vietnam transit visa is normally valid for 5 days and this kind of visa can only be issued for groups in tour accompanied by a tour guide. Any tour that needs a transit visa must supply detailed itinerary and provide with guarantee letter from the travel agent organizing the tour.
Pursuant to the Law No. 47/2014/QH13 which takes effect on 1st Jan 2015 on entry, exit, transit visa, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam, regulations on transit passengers through Vietnam is stipulated as below. Please read carefully about Vietnam transit visa for Egyptian travelers.
1. Requirements for Vietnam transit visa for Egyptian travelers through Vietnam
Egyptian passport holders will be granted a transit visa through Vietnam if they apply below documents:
- A passport which is valid above 6 months
- A ticket which specifies the third destined country
- A visa issued by the arrival country as mentioned (in case there is no visa, the arrival country must be in list of Vietnam exemption from visa to enter Vietnam).
2. Transit area
Transit area shall be proclaimed and restricted by the authority in which Egyptian visitors shall stay in during transit duration.
3. Transit by air
– With transit by air, Egyptian citizens are free from visa requirements. However, they must stay in the restricted transit area at the airport and wait for the connecting flight to the destined country.
– In case Egyptian nationals want to go outside the transit area for any purpose, that individual shall become a subject for a compulsory transit visa in accordance with specific transit duration.
4. Transit by cruise
Egyptian passport holders who travel to Vietnam by cruises and have to transit through Vietnam are free from visa requirement but must stay in a restricted transit area such as ports in which their ships are anchoring. In case Egyptian visitors want to go outside the transit area for tourism purpose, they must apply services from an international tourist company who must present travel program of the foreigners in details to the competent authority.
Can I do transit through Vietnam without a visa?
Egyptian citizens whose country are in Vietnam exemption list of visa to enter Vietnam will be free from visa requirement in a particular length of stay stipulated by the authority. Unless your country are in exemption list, you are recommended Vietnam visa (stamped on passport in case granted at Embassy/Consulate) or visa approval letter (granted by the Immigration Dept in case getting visa upon arrival) in advance. The website Vietnam visa in Egypt will supply you with all information about how to get Vietnam visa. This is provided for information and service purpose
You will not have to get a Vietnam visa on arrival in advance if you satisfy these following conditions:
- Transit and leave Vietnam for a third country within 24 hours (for example, from Bangkok to Hanoi to Singapore – you cannot “transit” back to the country you started in, like Bangkok to Hanoi to Phuket)
- Apply a valid onward ticket
- Strictly stay in transit area during waiting for the connecting flight
- Have a valid entry document to your final destination
- Travel by a full-service airline (many low-cost airlines such as Jet Star and Vietjet Air will not provide travelers with transit support service even in a very short of time)
We will tell you an experience of a traveler who got transit visa for his trip: Last trip, he landed himself in hot water due to traveling by Vietjet Air. He missed his flight for not having his visa done in advance as transiting in Bangkok from Doha to Vietnam. At first, he didn’t know that Vietjet Air couldn’t support him transit support. With no transit visa, at last he had to stay in Bangkok and missed his flight to Ho Chi Minh City.
In conclusion, we advise you again to find out carefully about Vietnam transit visa when planning your trip to this country, in order to avoid unwanted trouble.